Kensington HHW Services

Kensington HHW Permit Program

The Community of Kensington Household Hazardous Waste Permit Program (Voluntary)

Call 510-237-4614 for more information.

Residents and some businesses* in Kensington are eligible to use the West 
County HHW Collection Facility in Richmond. Before going to the facility, residents of Kensington are encouraged to obtain a permit first by calling Bay View Refuse & Recycling at (510) 237-4614.  Bay View Refuse may ask questions about your waste/material to ensure you are aware of the Do's & Don'ts of using the facility.  

For general information on how to properly manage Household Hazardous Waste see our What is HHW? web page.

Proof of residency is required to use the HHW Facility such as a driver's license or utility bill.  Please note it is not required to use a permit and no one from Kensington is turned away if they do not have a permit. State law prohibits the transportation of more than 15 gallons (three 5-gallon containers) or 125 pounds of hazardous waste in your vehicle.  Individual containers are limited to 5-gallon maximum capacity.

*Only businesses generating less than 27 gallons or 222 pounds of hazardous waste per month may participate in the Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator Program (CESQG).  Fees are based on cost of materials disposed.  For additional information on the CESQG program call 1-888-412-9277.